~ StoryWalk ~
Our new StoryWalk is up and ready... located behind the Recreation Offices, 619 Main Street. It follows the woods line behind the playground. Be sure to check it out!
~ Holiday Events ~
We have LOTS of FUN holiday events for you and your family! We are hosting a Holiday Festival & Tree Lighting, a Holiday Home & Yard Decorating Contest, a Gingerbread House Competition and a Holiday Wreath Giveaway! All details are below.
Please call our office with any questions... 860-265-3840.
The following local businesses are adding special promotions and/or hours on December 10th in conjunction with the Holiday Festival and Tree Lighting!
- The Humble Fox (11 South Road) will stay open until 5:00pm
- Somersvillage Gifts & Gourmet Baskets (111 Main Street) will stay open until 6:00pm
- Colonial Flower Shoppe (611 Main Street) will stay open until 7:00pm
- You've Got it Made (62 South Road) will offer specials and refreshments from 3:30-9:00pm
- Kassandra Herbs Unlimited (54 Springfield Road) will stay open until 5:00pm and will be serving hot mulled cider
- The Story Barn (952 Main Street) will host a Holiday Open Barn for families from 10-4:00pm to include...
- Free Outdoor Holiday Scavenger Hunt
- Make-and-Take Craft in the Workshop: Holiday Magnets & Tin
- Story Times with Author Renata Bowers at 11am, 1pm & 3pm
- Free Hot Chocolate & Popcorn
- Frieda B. Store Open, Renata available for Book-Signing
- Drop-Off Location for Somers Holiday Toy Shop: Bring a toy to donate!
~ Supporting Local Businesses ~
Start your day off right on December 10th with a warm, Waffle Breakfast with our friends at the Congregational Church of Somersville!